Bass & Associates provides clients with real estate services that includes appraisals, litigation support, and consultation.
Bass & Associates provides competent, real property appraisals that clients can trust. We have experience with a wide variety of property types including commercial, industrial, vacant land, special-purpose, multi-family, and many other property types. Our reports include well supported value conclusions that are bolstered by our detailed understanding of the subject property, complete analysis of market trends, and thoroughly researched sales and/or rent comparables. We can provide clients with a variety of appraisal reports that range from a clear and concise format to detailed analysis and extensive format that can be thoroughly vetted, such as a conservation easement or eminent domain appraisal.
All of our appraisal reports comply with Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), professional standards for the appraisal profession that were created and are maintained by the Appraisal Standards Board (ASB) and the Code of Professional Ethics and the Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice of the Appraisal Institute. Additionally, Bass & Associates complies with any rules and regulation of the state in which the real property is located.
Hugh B. Bass, Sr., MAI, and Hugh B. Bass, Jr., MAI are both designated members of the Appraisal Institute. Thomas J. Bass is a Practicing Affiliate with the Appraisal Institute.
Bass & Associates provides a variety of appraisal services for:
- General Valuation Purpose
- Over the years, Bass & Associates has provided clients with valuations for the potential sale or purchase of a property, impact of additions or renovations, general valuation knowledge, and many other uses.
- Loan Underwriting and Credit Decisions
- We have provided banks, appraisal management companies, and other lending institutions with reasonable, well-documented opinions of the desired type of value. The intended use of our appraisals by these clients includes loan underwriting, refinancing, credit decisions, and valuation of bank owned property.
- Tax Appeals
- A property owner’s tax liability is based on the “market value” determined by the county tax assessor. At Bass & Associates, we can independently analyze the current “market value” of your property as determined by your local tax assessor and, if warranted, provide a well-supported appraisal concluding our estimate of fair market value for tax appeal purposes.
- Estate Planning
- Settling estate issues can be tough on a family. Valuation estimates are required by tax filings to establish fair market values as of a certain date. Bass & Associates can support individuals and families, or their lawyers, with appraisal services for retrospective appraisals as of the date of a death or for future estate planning.
- Conservation Easement Appraisals
- These highly detailed appraisals are performed to IRS and/or State Properties Commission requirements for supporting the tax benefit. They require that the property be appraised to its highest and best use “before” placing in the conservation easement and to its highest and best use “after” placing in the easement. Consideration must also be given to the potential enhancement of other property(ies) in the immediate vicinity that is owned by the donor or first degree blood relatives of the donor.
- Eminent Domain Appraisals
- The condemnation process can often times be long and frustrating. We have performed appraisals for both condemnors and condemnees from a range of simple to complex acquisitions. We are familiar with the eminent domain laws and policies and procedures of the major condemning authorities in the Northwest Georgia area, such as Georgia Department of Transportation, Georgia Transmission Corporation, Georgia Power, county and city governments, airport authorities, etc. Our valuation and consultation services can provide guidance throughout the process. Whether it is an appraisal or a special study, such as a proximity impact study, you can count on Bass & Associates to perform a competent, well-supported appraisal.
- Bass & Associates has been involved in bankruptcy cases including testifying in bankruptcy court.
- Settlement involving real estate holdings in divorce cases should be fair and equitable to both parties. Bass & Associates strives to provide unbiased appraisals of the property that can be relied upon by either party in divorce cases.
- Expert Testimony
- Hugh B. Bass, Sr., MAI, has provided extensive expert testimony for a variety of properties and cases.
- Assessor Panel
- Hugh B. Bass, Sr., MAI, has served as an assessor on three-person assessor panels in litigation cases.
- Market Study
- Feasibility Study
- Rent Study
- Impact Study
- Cost/Benefit Analysis